Adjacent to Longmeadow Lane, Creekmoor, Poole and Upton Heath LNR/SSSI
Grid ref: SY 992 939
A linear strip of woodland on the western edge of Poole adjoining the Roman Road/Castleman Trailway and Upton Heath. Mixed woodland with a narrow, shallow stream running through it. Work in 2008/09 has cleared large areas of rhododendron and laurel making the woods much more open and attractive, with new un-surfaced footpaths and bridges over the stream, providing an alternative walk to Upton Heath.
Dog agility equipment has been installed here, including a set of weave poles, 2 jumps and a tunnel with up-and-over ramp. Please be aware that this equipment is not professional dog agility equipment and care should be taken to ensure it is suitable for your dog. The woodland agility area is not fenced off from the road.
Poole Leisure Services look after this area, they say:
- Enjoy playing here and help us to keep the area safe and clean.
- All persons use this facility at their own risk.
- Dogs are free to run off the lead throughout the woods (but note that there is no fencing between the site and the road, so beware if your dog is likely to run onto roads)
- Signage on way-marking posts indicate these free running areas, and should be confined to the woods, rather than the adjacent Upton Heath.
- Dogs are encouraged into the woods, as they will cause fewer disturbances than on the heath, where sensitive wildlife such as nesting birds or reptiles can be affected.
- You should still pick up after your dog within the woods and use the bins provided (especially as it is quite a small area and may become unpleasant for everyone walking there otherwise).
For a map and details about the Woods click here: Dog Walking Map
For a map including the location of agility equipment, click here: Dog Walking Map + Agility Equipment
For further information about the Longmeadow Lane Woods project click on the following link: Long Meadow
Playing with the Agility Equipment!